Asbestos siding

Old 03-22-04, 05:06 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Asbestos siding

My house, built back in the 60's, is sided with asbestos siding. Some of the tiles are broken. I can't afford to reside the house so I plan on painting this summer. Does anyone have any idea where these kind of tiles can be found or if there is some sort of replacement available.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-04, 07:44 PM
C
You likely cannot buy these tiles anywhere. I don't know of a source for replacements.

Old 03-23-04, 03:21 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

You can no longer buy asbestos shingle siding, but you can get cement fiber siding that looks exactly like them. They're made of the same stuff as Hardi-Plank.
I don't know any brand names, but I've seen them used, so I know that they are available somewhere.
You might do an Internet search or start calling building supply houses.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 04-19-08, 10:26 PM
M
i found some

Originally Posted by fwjr View Post
My house, built back in the 60's, is sided with asbestos siding. Some of the tiles are broken. I can't afford to reside the house so I plan on painting this summer. Does anyone have any idea where these kind of tiles can be found or if there is some sort of replacement available.
I just had the same dilemma. I own a duplex that has this type of siding on the exterior. I needed a good amount of these because there was a fire, plus I removed windows and wanted the building to look original. There is a company abccatalog.com that makes a replacement. They make a fiber cement siding that is an exact replacement. They offer a variety of styles and had the exact ones I needed,
12' * 24'. They come primed so you have to paint them to match. You local Sherwin Williams can mix you an exact match if you take them an old tile. I ordered 4 boxes and received them 5 days later. They are expensive though 18 @ $110.00. Check it for yourself abccatalog.com

Old 04-20-08, 11:28 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mbernick View Post
I just had the same dilemma. I own a duplex that has this type of siding on the exterior. I needed a good amount of these because there was a fire, plus I removed windows and wanted the building to look original. There is a company abccatalog.com that makes a replacement. They make a fiber cement siding that is an exact replacement. They offer a variety of styles and had the exact ones I needed,
12' * 24'. They come primed so you have to paint them to match. You local Sherwin Williams can mix you an exact match if you take them an old tile. I ordered 4 boxes and received them 5 days later. They are expensive though 18 @ $110.00. Check it for yourself abccatalog.com
Thank you so much. That was a great find.