repairing stucco sidding

Old 03-29-04, 10:22 PM
cellarchef
Visiting Guest
repairing stucco sidding

i have a small problem. after finding an infestation of carpenter ants, i'm faced with replacing the plywood siding that is covered with stucco. my questions are: what is the best way to cut out the plywood,(i was thinking about cutting a larger portion of stucco,then a smaller hole through the sidding) what do i have to cover the new plywood with as far as waterproofing goes, and any suggestions as far as stucco is concerned?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-04, 07:09 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
"My Two Cents"

Hello: cellarchef

Generally speaking, to obtain the best products to use would be to confir with building materials supply yards in your area. These are the places where contractors obtain their materials from.

The yard personal will be much better able to advise you what materials to use based on what the contractors would use. Also how to apply the sealing product, etc.

The bigger problem may be to match the existing stucco coloring with the new stucco coloring. Fading takes place and makes color matching more difficult when done in sectional locations.

Speaking from prior experiences, had a like problem. Learned from it by the contractor. The sealant used and how it is applied is most important to how well the stucco adheres.

In some small areas, the first contractor did not do as good a job applying the sealant. Water managed to get behind those areas. Stucco adhesion problems developed and patching was a few years later required. Matching was than the concern.

Regards & Good Luck
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor