Trick to getting a response?

Old 04-28-04, 06:38 AM
slewisoh
Visiting Guest
Smile Trick to getting a response?

Good Morning.

I posted two questions to the site and did not get a response to either question. Did I do something wrong? Does it mean that the topic has been discussed to death and I can find answers in previous posts?

I'm honestly not trying to be rude, but I have some improvement issues that I don't know how to tackle.

Shelly Lewis

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-04, 10:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DoItYourself.com is undergoing improvements, including expanding the number of forum topics, Some of the forums do not have regular moderators, and are answered only as any of the moderators or members may come across questions in them. We are all unpaid volunteers, and we do the best that we can.
Sometimes a lack of repsonse is due to a lack on clear information on problems.
If you will re-post your questions here, we will try to help you.
Mike

Old 04-30-04, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would be happy to look at your previous posts, but the new software denies my attempt to search for your posts.

Sorry

I can tell you when I don't attempt to answer a post. It's best to post a single question, not a series of conditional questions. Essay questions are always tough (that's why nobody likes them on tests), and to confuse matters with multiple branchings and various restrictions isn't very considerate.

Perhaps the branchings need to be there, perhaps the restrictions need to be stated straight-away. Keep in mind that the more you describe options and restrictions, the more likely our members will consider you are hoping to hear something other than what your contractors/engineers have told you.

I can also tell you from my customer service experiences that it can be extremely difficult to answer a question out of left field, or an extremely 'obvious' question. I support hot tubs, and have had questions regarding the location of the hot tub's drain. The drain is under the cabinet, there is no standard location, the customer needs to look around.

We ended up sending a tech to locate the drain

Some questions indicate that no answer will be acceptable. And those are hard to answer, also.