Crooked walls?

Old 06-27-04, 06:13 PM
deserthiker
Visiting Guest
Crooked walls?

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts. I've been looking at purchasing a house built in the early 1900's. The front 2/3's are brick, and in good shape. The back 1/3 of the house, however, was an addition put on by the owner. It's wood with siding, and the walls are NOTICEABLY crooked from the outside. Maybe 20 foot high walls to the roof that pitch in at least several inches at the top.

Any ideas if there is a way to correct this without tearing it off? Or hide it? I hate the crooked look, and am not sure if the house is worth buying if I can't correct it.

Thanks for any ideas or advice.
Ry

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-04, 07:57 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Considering that all things are negotiable at some point, you might be able to have the seller correct the problem as a condition of sale. You could either have him do this or allow money for you to have it corrected.

Either way, you might be enriched by the opinions of a home inspector or engineer as to the value of such poorly constructed additions.

If the addition was added without a permit at the time, it might have to be removed in order to make a proper sale.

Caution is advised.

Hope this helps.