window toppers

Old 07-07-04, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
window toppers

I'm not sure of the proper name for them, but they are a decorative piece for the top of your windows on the outside of your house. Pretty much, they look like some crown molding over the window. Some have keystones, dental details, etc.

I've found a company(don't think I can list their name here) that makes them out of vinyl. Seems to be very durable, come in a wide range of colors and a few different designs. I was looking for some opinions on these and whether there are any companies that are good or that I should stay away from. Also, if anyone has some pricing info, that would be appreciated too. Thanks,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-04, 12:55 PM
These are called pediments. They can add just the right touch to a house's windows and doors.

Old 07-10-04, 05:00 PM
Yeah, thanks. I already know that I like them, I guess what I was looking for was somebody who had experience with them and could speak to the ease of installation, good/bad experiences or companies. Thanks.

Old 07-10-04, 05:17 PM
They are not much trouble to build. Take a look at one you like and draw a profile of it. Then take your profile and hunt down the trim pieces involved. It would be built the same as built up crown molding.

Hope this helps.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_door_win...V_3683,00.html

http://www.hometips.com/cs-protected...rchdetail.html

Last edited by chfite; 07-10-04 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added links