cleaning and painting aluminum gutters & fascia

Old 07-26-04, 03:38 PM
brucich
Visiting Guest
Question cleaning and painting aluminum gutters & fascia

used TSP and pressure washer to clean but what used to be bright white is still a dirty flat gray gutter. Is there a better way to clean or can I just paint them now? brucich

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-04, 03:20 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wash off any dirt and chalking,the best you can and then apply a good quality paint.

Old 07-27-04, 08:13 PM
C
After the stained gutter is clean, it is time to paint it. Many stains just get better with cleaning. It takes the paint to refresh it.

Old 02-07-05, 08:35 AM
fldiymama
Visiting Guest
Need advice on painting aluminum soffit vents

Originally Posted by chfite
After the stained gutter is clean, it is time to paint it. Many stains just get better with cleaning. It takes the paint to refresh it.
I have started painting my aluminum fascia board and soffit vents. The fascia boards are easy to paint however the soffits are a nightmare. I am painting them a tan color, they were blue. I have been using a brush and the angle in which I have to bend is hurting my back/neck, not to mention it is taking forever. Also the paint is clogging the holes. Would a paint sprayer work better for the underside? The vents do give a little when you push up on them so rolling does not work well and does not get into the grooves. Any advice?

Old 02-07-05, 08:58 AM
C
Sometimes covering a dark color requires primer or certainly two coats. I use a sprayer to paint almost everything, for precisely the same reason you cite. Painting overhead is a chore using any technique.

Old 06-23-08, 04:31 PM
D
Gutter Stains Gone >>>>>>>>>

This weekend I tried using full strength SIMPLY GREEN just to see if it would help as nothing else has. To my surprise my gutters now look as if they are NEW !! ...

Give it a try and possibly save a bunch of money .. Do about 3-4 feet at a time rinsing off as you go or it will dry dirty ....

I have tried many other cleaners with no luck. What started as a try it and see has turned me into a happy camper

John ..