roof to siding

Old 08-30-04, 12:08 PM
sbrucher
Visiting Guest
roof to siding

well i bought a 1 1/2 story home and it has wood siding i just got about 90% of it done. But where the first story roof and the wood siding on the second story im have a problem. where the roof and the siding meets the dumbasses tared it up about 1 foot up the wood siding how do i fix that so it wont leak and make it look good any suggestions for me thanks much.

Old 08-30-04, 12:51 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What are you doing?

Old 08-30-04, 12:57 PM
sbrucher
Visiting Guest
duh sorry

im sidding the house and i dont want to replace the roof til next year dont have the money im only 21 years old the house was enough hehe. but im siding it

Old 08-30-04, 01:31 PM
Wink

Not sure here. If the roof goes down as it hits the siding I would think you would work sheet metal step shingles under the roof shingles there now and let the new siding just cover the tops of them a little.This way you flash them with the siding.

ED

Old 08-30-04, 02:14 PM
sbrucher
Visiting Guest
metal flashing

i was thinking of taking metal flashing and bend it in the middle and have go under the old shingles and along the side of the house and nail it down and put the siding over the metal and nail the shingles back down

Old 08-30-04, 02:23 PM
Thumbs up

Ok you have it I think take a 12"X12" bend it 90o 6" up and 6" out now start at the bottom roof shingle slide it under next to the wall so there is no metal showing then do the next shingle up the same. you can like put one nail up high in the metal into the wall. When done run the siding over the metal to like fit the slope of the roof cut it so is about 2" up from the roof.
Any??? come on back

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: