where to get wood siding?

Old 11-07-04, 10:52 PM
scott68
Visiting Guest
where to get wood siding?

Hi,

I need to repair some small sections of wood siding on my garage. It is tapered 9" wood siding and I need to replace a bunch of 2' sections and a couple of 14' sections. I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they didn't have any thing. Does anyone sell this kind of siding directly or do I have to order it from somewhere? Where can I get it?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-04, 05:34 AM
IHI
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott68
Hi,

I need to repair some small sections of wood siding on my garage. It is tapered 9" wood siding and I need to replace a bunch of 2' sections and a couple of 14' sections. I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they didn't have any thing. Does anyone sell this kind of siding directly or do I have to order it from somewhere? Where can I get it?
Your best bet would be take a sample of the siding you need to replace and goto a local "mom and pop" lumber yard that's been in business for awhile. Most likely they'll know exactly what your looking for, exactly where to get it or a source to get you going on where to get it, and heck, might even have what you need buried in a pile of dust in the back 40

Homecenters are nice, but I still try to do as much business with the smaller lumber yard as possible-as much as budgets will allow I should say