T1-11 wood siding over stucco

Old 01-29-05, 07:39 PM
Carlene1
Visiting Guest
T1-11 wood siding over stucco

We would like to put wood siding over the existing stucco. Can it be put up over the existing stucco? We do not want to take off stucco, too much work!

Old 01-30-05, 07:28 AM
Group Moderator
Received 792 Votes on 729 Posts
Thumbs down

Honestly, that sounds like a VERY bad idea.

Old 01-30-05, 10:35 AM
Carlene1
Visiting Guest
Why? What problems do you think there would be?

Old 01-30-05, 02:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 792 Votes on 729 Posts
The problems are numerous. For starters, flashing around windows and doors would be a nightmare. Every piece of door and window trim would need to be extended by almost 3" and wrapped. This is assuming the entire house would be stripped with 2x2's to provide a surface to nail the new t1-11 siding to.

t1-11 siding is also garbage, in my opinion- especially if any water happens to get behind it, which would almost certainly happen if it were being installed over the top of a stucco surface.

Stucco houses are beautiful and practically maintenance free. I don't know why you want to put a high maintenance product like wood over your stucco, but your money would be better spent repairing or recoating your stucco, in my opinion.

But don't take my word for it... I'm sure others in the forum will also have an opinion, if you give them some time to formulate a reply.

Old 01-30-05, 03:04 PM
bubbaman
Visiting Guest
i agree with xsleeper....i would prefer hardiplank over t11 though...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: