T-11 replacement

Old 03-02-05, 11:13 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
T-11 replacement

I have a shed with 4'x8' sheets of T-11 and they are starting to crack and rot. What other options are there? I've heard about Hardie siding but this brand is very expensive. Is there any other types of this siding at a resonable price.
Thanks

Old 03-02-05, 01:31 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have a few choices.

1. New T111
2. Cheap vinyl siding
3. Corrigated metal sheets

You need to replace any of the rotting plywood before doing the siding or metal.

Old 03-02-05, 03:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Hellrazor is right- steel panels (like those pictured at http://www.jfmco.com/more-info/class...assic-rib.html) are a good idea, but might end up costing the same as fibercement by the time you buy all your j-channel & corner caps. They also make 4x8 sheets of fibercement siding, but it likely cost more than T1/11. But it would take care of the rotting / not holding paint problems. It might be worth looking into. The cheapest thing will likely be to replace your T1/11 with more of the same, but take care to prime and paint your bottom edges and keep it above grade. It'll last another 20 years if you keep it painted. Since it's just a shed, I'm sure you can't justify spending $500 just to make the outside look nice. Although not having an eyesore in the back yard is worht something!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: