Patching holes in vinyl siding

Old 03-11-05, 06:31 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Patching holes in vinyl siding

I had a satellite dish mounted to the fascia of my house. I removed the satellite and now have two holes in my vinyl which a need to patch. What is the best product to use to fill these holes. My vinyl is a cream color, so I'm looking for a product that would blend with the vinyl for cosmetic reasons. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-05, 08:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 644 Votes on 596 Posts
If the holes are in your fascia, I would be suprised if it were vinyl. Most fascia is covered with colored aluminum trim coil or prebent aluminum fascia. But they do make vinyl fascia, it's just not that common. At any rate, I'd suggest calling a siding supply warehouse, and ask if they carry OSI Quad in the color that you need... in this case, cream. If they do, try and take a sample of the color into them so that they can match it exactly. OSI Quad is made in almost every siding color, and it does not attract dirt.

Old 03-12-05, 07:38 PM
E
Thanks XSleeper for the reply. I thank you for the info on the OSI Quad fascia. I also have some cables that were secured to my soffit before they went into the house and I know the soffit is vinyl. How do I patch up those holes ?

Old 03-13-05, 05:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 644 Votes on 596 Posts
Sorry, I guess my reply was not very clear. OSI Quad is a specific type of caulking. Find that caulking in the right color (from a local siding supplier) and caulk the holes in your soffit and fascia. For a smooth finish, lightly wipe the dabs of caulk with a rag soaked in paint thinner.

Old 03-23-05, 04:44 PM
E
Oh ... boy do I fell dumb. Thanks XSleeper for clearing that up. You've been very helpful. By the way, in case anyone was wondering why I am getting rid of my satellite dish, it is because I bundled my Satellite service (Direct TV) with Bellsouth (BIG MISTAKE). Bellsouth made promises that just did not materialize and satellite service is costing me a "bundle" more (haha) than standard cable did. Thanks for allowing me to vent.