Faux stucco siding?

Old 05-07-05, 12:33 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Faux stucco siding?

We recently started work on an "as is" house we purchased. The house is english tudor and was built inthe 80's.

There was extensive water damamage to one of the upstair bedrooms. We removed the walls and flooring and replaced it. However, in order to remove some of the wood, a portion of the exterior wall had to be removed. We thought is was stucco, but in removing the section there was no wire it was - it looks like particle board with a layer of paper between the board and the "stucco".

I have tried to research it on the internet to find a way to replace or repair but have had no success.

Does anyone have an idea what I am dealing with and how to repair it?
Old 05-07-05, 04:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,501
Received 800 Upvotes on 703 Posts
If it is what I think it is, it is 4X8 sheets of masonite siding made to resemble stucco. It was slightly popular in the 70's and 80's. I don't know if they still make it or not. I would check with masonite and plywood dealers to see if they know if you can still get it. Of course none of this applies if it isn't 4X8 sheets.
Old 05-07-05, 06:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
They are 4x8 panels. So now the hunt to replace 2 in hopes of not having to replace it all.

Thank you for your input!
Old 08-22-11, 10:21 AM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have the same stuff (and similar problems). Any luck finding the panels?
Old 08-22-11, 11:55 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,076
Received 1,248 Upvotes on 1,192 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The OP is listed as a guest and that was six years ago, I don't think you're going to get a response from them.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: