Vinyl siding corner posts

Old 05-17-05, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Vinyl siding corner posts

I have a contractor residing my home right now and I am questioning the technique used to finish the bottom ends of the outside corner caps. I have a 2-storey home that is half siding (top floor) and half brick (main floor). I hope I can explain this properly here but they cut and "fold" the ends up and in, holding the flaps in place with screws. It looks messy but perhaps I don't know what I should be expecting. I would have thought there would be some kind of factory finishing piece for this but the contractor says that's the way everyone does it. Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-05, 08:55 PM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Votes on 228 Posts
Most guys I've seen just cut the corners and you can look right up them. You're installer has the right idea and you're lucky he has even thought to try to finish the bottoms of your corner posts.

Only other thing you can do to close them up is cut a piece of vinyl or coil that is the same color and caulk it in place. Which looks better is subject to debate.

Old 05-17-05, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'm glad I asked about it.

Old 05-18-05, 05:41 AM
Outside Corners

Your contractor is doing it right. They do not make a corner for that, and I don't know why. I cut a piece just smaller then the hole, fold it, and rivit it in place. I could screw it also. That is about as good as it gets. We don't like it either. Good Luck