Stucco Question

Old 05-26-05, 08:04 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stucco Question

The back of my townhouse is stucco. My house was not built by professionals and, as a result, the stucco is a little crumbly in spots. What can I do? Can I paint it and what should I use?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-05, 06:08 AM
Stucco

Yes, you can paint it. Your home improvement center or lumber yard will have paint for stucco. It is best if sprayed on. Good Luck

Old 05-27-05, 07:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
You should remove all loose stucco and repair as needed. Although spraying stucco is easier it doesn't produce the best results. If you spray the paint on you need to back roll to work the paint in. Depending on the stucco texture use a 1"-1 1/2" nap. Any exterior latex will work, of course the better the paint the longer it will last. The paint job will last longer and look better if primed but not everyone does.

Old 05-27-05, 06:07 PM
Stucco

I did not mention rolling on your paint since you mentioned you had spots which were crumbling. Rolling it on would only make it worse. That is why I mentioned sprayinging it on. My choice. Spray goes everywhere you want it to go. Good Luck

Old 05-27-05, 07:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
Best to scrape or wire brush the crumbly areas, repair them if necessary. Holding the stucco together is too much to ask from paint. Only a short time fix