How Do I Remove Aluminum Siding w/out Ruining It?

Old 03-18-06, 12:43 PM
jade23
Visiting Guest
How Do I Remove Aluminum Siding w/out Ruining It?

How do I go about removing aluminum siding without ruining it, so I can put it back in place? I don't know what tool(s) to use and/or how to do it.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Old 03-18-06, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aluminum siding must be removed from the top down. The first piece is the hardest. It snaps into the sill seal, the very top of the siding. Once unsnapped you can slip that piece of siding down. The rest of the pieces you will have to pull out all the nails. Just keep moving down. To put it back up, lift up a piece, it kind of snaps in the one below it, and nail into place. Not a fun job.
Good Luck

Old 03-21-06, 08:22 AM
J
I was asking the same question on the insulation forum, bc I want to remove the top strip of aluminum in order to drill holes and blow insulation into the outer walls.

How easily does Aluminum "snap" into place? Is it very common for Aluminum to come in different grades and thicknesses? I'm worried about denting or bending it as I try to remove it or, after your decription, trying to stick it back in place.

J

Old 03-21-06, 04:34 PM
Yes, Aluminum siding does come in different strengths. And, yes, you may bend it or dent it. Thats how it is. But that is always the gamble when doing it yourself instead of hiring a pro. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: