Confusion over Vinyl Siding Manufacturers

Old 05-08-06, 08:01 AM
blue_steel
Visiting Guest
Confusion over Vinyl Siding Manufacturers

I am in the process of receiving vinyl siding quotes, but not sure about the manufacturer. We like the look of the cedar shake siding versus dutch lap. Color will be a darker, premium color (ivy green).
One contractor says he only uses Certainteed Perfection. Another says Allside is the best brand. A third said only consider Pelican Bay..... One guy said they put up "whatever brand you want".
How do you decide which way to go? Have any of you out there had experience with different brands and can recommend products that have a proven durability, warranty, resistance to fading, etc?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-06, 10:00 AM
rblakeh
Visiting Guest
Certanteed and alside are good reputable siding manufactures.
I have used more Alside products than certanteed products. All
depends what you are looking for as all boxes of siding usually have premium stamped on the boxes. You should look at the thickness aspect of the products as there are different grades that reflect the price that you will pay. Most sidings that are usually peddled are of .040 and these types are usually applied on apartments and big projects as they are cheaper to use than say Alsides charter oak, which is there premium product. I would say use the internet and do some research. I have a site that has most of the manufactures links on it, but I have not updated it over 5 years, but most of the links still work. You can find these links at htpp://vsea.freeyellow.com.