replaceing plastic siding

Old 06-09-06, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
replaceing plastic siding

i need some one to help me,i need to replace some plastic siding on one end of a double wide mobile home.some how it got melted.it goes right up to the roof line,over to where it splits with the secound half of the home.how do you cut pieces of plastic siding..the roof pieces have to be replaced,is this the same as home siding,thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-06, 01:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
The siding on your mobile home may or may not be the same as provided for stick built construction. It would be best to take a sample to a dealer and have them either identify the manufacturer or duplicate it from their stock.
You cut vinyl siding usually with a pair of sheet metal cutters, but they make a cutter just for that. Start at the top, taking the first offending piece at the roofline loose from the bottom exposing the nail heads of the panel below. Don't remove the nails. Just pull down slightly and outward and unhook it off the nails. This will give you the same alignment when you go back up with the new. From there, continue down by unhooking and pulling down the panels. Number them on the back with a marker, starting with "1" at the top. Lay the old siding on the new siding, mark it and cut it. Reinstall starting from the bottom, hooking it on the bottom strip, stretching it over the original nails, and adding a couple of new ones (but not tight) on each run.

Old 06-10-06, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
plastic siding

thanks larry,,know way i would of guessed that..about the nails.i knew some one would know..on this mobile home,there was a small fire on the side porch,and some of the sideing just melted and its off the wall of the house,but i bet the nails will be there..i will take a sample,to the places,i try and buy the new from..thanks for the help..