Am I over-reacting

Old 07-17-06, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Am I over-reacting

I got home tonight to review the first day of work the vinyl siding contractor had completed. I discovered that rather than covering a 1 x 2" piece of wood moulding around the underside of the soffit (along the top of exterior wall), the contractor ripped it off so he wouldn't have cover it. The removal of the moulding was not discussed nor agreed to and I was surprised (make that highly perturbed) that he would complete the work in this manner. I've not had much experience with siding contractors but is this normal practice. Is the moulding purily decorative or should I be concerned that its removal has created cracks for cold/hot air to escape or other potential issues.

He also advised me that he would cut out more soffet vents, however, did not. The house is approximately 1050 square feet w/ 18" overhang. Would anyone know what the recommended venting for soffets is. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would expect the trim to be covered as part of the siding process. Venting is usually one square inch per square foot of attic area. One half inlet venting, one half outlet venting.