new shop

Old 08-03-06, 05:45 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new shop

Well its almost time to start building my new shop. Pre existing 30x30 will be torn down after completion of new shop built over old shop. New shop will be 75x35. easy built 3" pipe concreted into ground every 20'. 2 7/8" pipe inside that after its set with a 12' wall. 2 7/8" pipe trust on top of that. Metal purlings over that for the tin roof to fasten to.
My trouble is getting the outside to look decent, I don't want tin walls. i live in the country so there no neighbors orcodes to follow. i just want somthing that looks like a real nice shop. My house is pretty close to it, about 50' away, its a two story yellow brick with charcoal shingles. Was thinking of textured concrete blocks but siding of some sort may be just as good.

Any ideas or sites that have ideas on making a nice looking shop?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-06, 06:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 301 Votes on 267 Posts
I'm jealous

It really depends on what you want it to look like. My shop looks pretty much like a barn from the outside, but then I like barns and the tax man assess's barns at a lower rate

Old 08-03-06, 08:06 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good point on the taxes. I'll check into that first. I have 5 acres on a pretty good slope, maybe i should put it under the ground on the side of a hill! then he will not even know its there.