Now how do I install gutters here???

Old 08-31-06, 04:31 PM
Weekend_Warrior
Visiting Guest
Now how do I install gutters here???

Was considering installing gutters on the house, but I've noticed a potential 'hitch'.

The fascia on the house is not vertical. The bottom of the fascia sits back approximately 10 degrees.

Now obviously I can't just install the brackets up against this fascia.

So what do I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 09-02-06, 07:10 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Had the same type fascia, but decided to rip them down, never found a way to stop constanly cleaning them, too many Oak trees.
As to the angle ,I had mine done by a seemless gutter company, they used angels brackets behind the gutter and against the fascia, about every 2-3 feet.
The brackets were just cut and folded aluminum, shaped like a right sided triangle and screwed to the fasicia through the gutter itself. They don't have to be that secure, since any weight of water in the gutter will be putting pressure on them and pushing against the fascia.

Hope this helps

Old 09-02-06, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,002 Votes on 911 Posts
I don't do gutters frequently, but in working on other houses, I've noticed the same thing that was mentioned above... small U-shaped pieces that fit behind the gutter, which have been custom cut to match the angle of the fascia. I assume that one would install all these custom made U-shaped shims to the fascia first, then install the gutter afterwards. But I suppose that if you were using the brackets that screw to the fascia, they could be inserted wherever there is a screw as you go along attaching the gutter- just shove a shim behind and be sure the gutter hanger screw pierces it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: