Rock siding needs repair

Old 09-05-06, 11:04 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Rock siding needs repair

I have a 2 story building, the bottom half of which has what looks like rock siding (its hard to tell if it is imitation rock or real), the top half has i believe masonite siding.

To be clear, the rock half of the building (apartment) has spaces between the rock that are filled with the same substance that fills between bricks on a brick house, the spaces are also about the same distance apart.

at the bottom part of one side the siding has 'fallen off' one
way or another, leaving some wood on the foundation exposed.

From what I can see, there is what looks like 'chicken wire' behind the rock, with some sort of spackling also behind and between the rocks.

currently i have a tarp covering the exposed area

MY QUESTION IS

how would I repair this? I would assume that i need to staple new chickenwire into the exposed area, buy whatever spackling/masonry cement substance is needed, then cover the chicken wire, and place new rock.

Is this correct? please advise if thats correct and if not how to do it, also what would you say is the substance between and behind the rock?

Also, additional information:

The rock currently there seems to be no more than 2" in width by about 12" each way, sometimes smaller than 12 inches, not sure if that helps or not

Last edited by dreadnaught; 09-05-06 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 08:46 PM
D
thanks alot guys

really that helps alot

Old 09-14-06, 01:26 PM
T
It sounds like stucco stone. It can be repaired as you said. Go to the Cultured stone or Eldorado stone website for installation instructions. The mastic is a waterproofing material called spray-grade mastic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: