Enhance Siding?

Old 06-13-07, 03:18 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Enhance Siding?

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some comments, thoughts and suggestions on a topic. My home has a tan color vinyl siding that is now about 14 yrs. Overall it has held up very well and remains in good condition. The only exception like anything outdoors it's begun to fade and loose some of it's original luster as it's been subjected to weather and sun during this time.

Obviously to solve this problem I could replace all the siding and have a "great new look". However, at this time I would prefer to save the large expense of doing the entire house.

Does anyone know if there is any product or way to improve the color/look of the siding? I am going to wash the house soon but I don't expect this to enhance much other than making things look cleaner.

Any comments or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-07, 07:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
I have used JoMax in the past with good results on fading siding. It is no guarantee, since yours may be beyond help, but for moderate fading and chalking, the JoMax cleans it pretty good. It is formulated for siding, and you just spray it on with a garden sprayer, let it work a little and brush it in if you want to, then rinse it off. I use a pressure washer about a foot or so from the surface to keep down on damage to the siding.