Vinyl over STUCO?

Old 07-09-07, 03:19 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Vinyl over STUCO?

I habe a tudor colonial and am comsidering vinyl siding because of the maintenance. The home was built in 1989 and has a stuco with cedar trim boards on the second level. I'm tired of the maintenance and wonder if I should remove the cedar boards before installing the vinyl. Most are in good shape, however some have rotted edges. Also some of my neighbors have chosen to install the vinyl in a vertical fashion instaed of the typical horizontal look. I would appreciate any input regarding vertical vs horizontal installation. Thanks

Old 07-09-07, 02:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I would be more concerned about attaching the vinyl to the stucco. What type sub strata is there? Does it have an OSB backer? if so, you may be ok. I would install fanfold styrofoam panels over the stucco to give the vinyl a smooth surface. Also, how will you be treating your windows and doors, as I am sure the vinyl trim will protrude past the existing brick mold. As far as installing vinyl vertically, you will have to purchase vertical vinyl, as it differs greatly from the normal horizontal siding you see, and it's price tells you so.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: