Old 01-29-08, 01:58 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

My 1920s duplex has an exterior that is not quite stucco, but what an architect I know calls "stone cast" or "cement cast." Rather than being troweled on, he says it's actually ground-up rock which is blown on (???)... Upon close examination, you can actually discern bits or shell or fossil or something in it... Supposedly this is quite common in parts of England, specifically the Yorkshire Dales (if you watch those Brit-com shown on PBS, you'll see buildings very similar to mine). Alas, one piece is chipped off; how to repair?
Old 01-30-08, 04:24 AM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,964
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
Although it is not true stucco, you may be able to locate a container of stucco repair material. Not sure if you are in the US or not, but we use it all the time repairing stucco. It must be painted, as it dries white, but it may suffice for a repair.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: