Pole Shed

Old 02-20-08, 04:51 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Talking Pole Shed

I'm thinking about building a 20x24 or 20x20 pole shed just by having various 4x4's put into the ground. Would it be a good idea to do the shed with a wooden base or should i go with concrete. Any other tips about the shed would be extremely helpful. the shed that I am planning on building is going to be a living shed as i call it. It will have electrical,insulation, drywall etc.

Old 02-21-08, 04:00 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 599 Votes on 532 Posts
I would think that both location and use would play a big part in determining which would be best for the floor.

Concrete is stronger! Doesn't really require any maintainence. It is low to the ground which could be a problem if there is danger of water infiltration.

Wood is probably more diy friendly. The floor is raised off the ground but may sacrifice head room.

Old 02-21-08, 06:29 AM
W
Received 45 Votes on 42 Posts
Shed

Your description sounds like this will be a living space. If so, I suggest you get a building permit and follow the building permit requirements.

If it were mine, I would install a concrete foundation and concrete floor. Add a concrete knee wall to get at least a foot above grade. Then go up from there with conventional framing, siding, etc.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: