Hardie-Plank as Manufactured (mobile) home skirting

Old 07-29-09, 01:43 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Hardie-Plank as Manufactured (mobile) home skirting

My Manufactured (mobile) home has the typical vinyl skirting and I am fed up with it. So I bought some PT 2x4's and HDBD 4'x8' panels. I was pretty much going to build a tiny wall and screw it on there. I was reading up on some things and I read that HDBD can't touch the ground. So what goes between the ground and the HDBD, some metal? I was gonna just build a little wall with the PT 2x4's, top plate, bottom plate, and studs and then screw the HDBD on there. Of course there would be access doors and vents too. What am I missing? Or will what I am explaining work? If you need metal how many inches? Thanx

Old 07-29-09, 03:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

The hardi board isn't intended to be used for MH skirting. If you use it for that, you'll either needed to have masonary [block] or maybe metal to keep it off of the ground. I suppose a PT 1x6 stood on end for the 1st row might also work.

Old 07-29-09, 03:53 PM
i have a question for you. what is the on your mobile home right now? vinyl siding?

Old 07-29-09, 05:29 PM
A
The siding on the mobile home is Masonite and I wanted the skirting to kinda match. Right now the skirting is vinyl and falling apart and full of weadeater holes. My dogs keep busting through the vinyl skirting and tearing up the A/C duct.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: