Fines For Inconsistent Shingles?

Old 09-23-10, 09:31 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Fines For Inconsistent Shingles?

I found this interesting:

"As if it wasnít tragedy enough when a plane fell out of the sky destroying a Sanford, Fla., manís home, his homeowners association then challenged his rebuilding efforts. It threatened litigation because the shingles and elevation in his new houseís plans didnít match his neighborsí."

Read more: No Mother-In-Laws Allowed: The 7 Craziest Local Laws and HOA Rules | HouseLogic

Old 09-23-10, 09:42 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,183 Upvotes on 1,141 Posts
You have to sign the rules when you move in, it's not like they're a surprise

Old 09-23-10, 10:28 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 724 Upvotes on 634 Posts
That's one of the reasons I wouldn't live in a subdivision with a HOA. I've had customers that wanted to change the color of their house but couldn't get HOA approval. Not all HOAs are the same, even though most require preapproval before you can change the exterior colors of the house, some could care less, with some it's just a formality and others it takes a lot of effort [and maybe who ya know] to get the approval for color change.

I suspect the problem with the shingles and roof line had more to do with the house not fitting the style of the neighborhood and not so much the color or material.

Old 09-23-10, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You want fun? Work on a Federally Designated Historic building. I thought our church had a lot of committees. NOPE, US Government has more. Paint color must match original 1793 hue and sheen; Wood must be of same origin species; If originally pegged....no nails. It gets deep.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: