Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Exterior Paneling and All Exterior Sidings
Reload this Page >

cement board siding, 9.25 with an 8" reveal - what happened to it?

Old 07-22-11, 01:38 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

About 2 years ago, I purchased some cement board siding to replace a lot of pressed board siding that had rotted on my house. The existing siding is smooth, beaded with an 8" reveal. The cement board siding I bought was a close match and I was able to line it up successfully to blend in with the existing.

Now, I find I have a few more pieces of the pressed board that need replacing. And I cannot find smooth, beaded cement board siding with an 8" reveal. What happened? Hardie plank doesn't make a 9.25 smooth, beaded product. I feel like what I used before was Certainteed but I can't find the product on their website. Am I missing any other manufacturers?

At this point I am looking at having to go back to pressed board unless someone has any suggestions. And I hate that stuff.

Dave

Old 07-31-11, 04:45 PM
W
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Siding

How wide is the siding which is available? I was thinking Hardie Board was 8.5 in. wide. You can adjust the reveal by changing the amount of lap-over.

Old 08-01-11, 01:19 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Hardie plank -sizes

Hardie plank started imprinting their cement board siding along the top edge a while ago. Now, if I buy the 8.5 and adjust the overlap to .25 inch, you will see the stupid impression.

Old 08-01-11, 05:15 PM
W
Received 22 Votes on 21 Posts
Cement Board

Check the Hardie web site and look at "products".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: