Cleaning vinyl siding and gutters

Old 04-15-12, 08:22 PM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Cleaning vinyl siding and gutters

The vinyl siding and gutters of my house is looking pretty bad and is in need of washing. Is there any product that works better than others for this job? I am wanting something to spray on and pressure wash off. I don't want to have to scrub if I can help it.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-12, 03:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
It's gonna depend on how much crud is there. JoMax works for me when cleaning vinyl siding, and will probably work on the gutters as well. Just spray it on with a garden sprayer, let it work according to the directions and spray it off with a good stiff spray from the garden hose. However, I have had to resort to pressure washing some applications with a lighter touch, of course, due to the buildup. Either that or do the scrubbing thingy.

Old 04-16-12, 07:18 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 301 Votes on 267 Posts
Usually the siding isn't too bad to clean although if scrubbing is needed - a brush on a roller pole makes it easier

Most of the time the gutters won't clean up completely without scrubbing. Greased Lightning has always worked well for me .

I often use a bleach/water solution for cleaning although the type of 'dirt' on the siding is the determining factor. We have more mildew than anything else.