Exterior replacement panel?


Old 07-28-12, 02:54 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exterior replacement panel?

So I have looked all around and cannot figure out what this is called and if there is anything special I need to do after I remove it while updating the exterior. It is an absolute eye-sore and I want to replace it with something that is flush with the brick. I am just unsure if there any major structural endeavors I will pursue in changing this over to something a little different. I will be installing engineered wood around the brick. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images    
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-12, 03:38 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
It looks to be a 1970's architectural "statement" that backfired . I can't imagine putting something that gosh awful ugly on a house. Is this the only one on the house like this? It doesn't appear to be structural as it isn't sitting on a footing. Do the bricks fall behind the edge of the protuberance or is this thing cut around the brick?
Old 07-28-12, 04:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 47,545
Received 300 Votes on 266 Posts
I've painted more than a few of them

Seems like the brick ended where the cedar started but I don't see any problem with ripping them off and then retrimming the window with something less obtrusive.

btw - welcome to the forums!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: