Vinyl Vertical Siding, how to install

Old 01-29-13, 12:29 PM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vinyl Vertical Siding, how to install

First off I pretty much know nothing about siding. With that said I saw enough vinyl siding and J channel to side my garage that is clearanced at Lowes. Although what kind of confused me is it said it was vertical siding. Does that mean you hang it vertically? It was reduced to like $200 for everything. Normal price was like $160 just for the J channel. I believe it was a special order. Thanks, Jack

Old 01-29-13, 01:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Vertical siding is installed.......well.........vertically, yes. You need a flat surface to install it on, like OSB sheathing. It installs just like horizontal siding, except you are working sideways with a drip overlap going down, not up. Don't nail it tight to the OsB as it must shrink and expand with the weather. Use 1 1/2" roofing nails for installation of all periphery as well as the siding itself.

Old 01-29-13, 06:49 PM
U
Thanks so much! It is appreciated! Jack

Old 02-09-13, 08:44 AM
D
There are slotted nail holes. When you go to nail it up (hang the siding), get the piece of siding in place and place a nail at the upper end of the slot to hang the siding then place the rest of your nails in the middle of the slot to allow for expansion and contraction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: