Making trusses for shed roof.

Old 08-18-13, 01:03 AM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
I was married for close to ten years, the happiest day of my life was when I got divorced.

As for your wife complaining about the color, tell her she may paint it any color she desires and then walk away.

Old 08-18-13, 05:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 384 Votes on 340 Posts
She picked the green colour and I was forced to comply
Unfortunately that's part of being married

Other men married far longer than I have said to simply surrender. I'm having an incredibly hard time with that.
The things we have to do to keep our cook and bed warmer happy

btw - the shed looks great! Did you put a bevel on the bottom trim board?

Old 08-18-13, 05:48 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. I really want it to stay as it is but we'll see what transpires.

Mark, not sure what you mean. I used my router for the first time and 'camphered' every trim board on both facing edges by around 1/4" if that's what you mean. All joints all over this thing were caulked with DAP Alex Plus.

Old 08-18-13, 06:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you had cut a bevel over the length of the top of the bottom board [hope that makes sense ] it makes it easier for water to run off of the board and less stress or reliance on the caulking.

Are you getting good results with alex plus? I quit using it shortly after it came out because of too many failures. I mostly use the 'white lightning' brand.

Old 08-19-13, 06:40 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mark. Yeah, I might pull those and bevel them. We'll see what I have time for this year. Hopefully, the campher allows water to run off. I'll keep an eye on it.

I've had great experience with Alex Plus for about 10 years until a year ago. All of a sudden as soon as you cut a nib off the tube it started running out... Continually.

I stopped using it, sent them a nasty email. It got better. Gave it another chance. Last case I've bought it started doing it again. Might have to switch to something else again.

Sad because it's always been great. Quick dry time, minimal shrinkage, never failed. Love the brilliant white. But if it makes a mess every time I use it...

I'm not using it. They may have lost me for good this time.

Old 08-20-13, 05:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I hate a tube of caulk that won't stop when you release the trigger!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: