Window Shutters - no room for them?

Old 06-03-14, 07:34 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Window Shutters - no room for them?

We bought a house last year, and of course we didn't think about the shutters before purchasing. Our house looks 'naked' compared to every other house in the neighborhood, since one of the previous owners had them 'custom' build it a bit so there are no other ones in the neighborhood like it. So we don't know how to put shutters on them, if we can at all - since the area protruding out is so skinny and there isn't room for them.

Any suggestions? Would we have to build them out a bit on the sides with a fake wall kind of? Or do they make kids for something like this?

Here is a higher-resolution photo to see it better:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ouse/front.jpg

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  36.2 KB

Old 06-03-14, 09:51 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
What makes you think you need shutters? Personally I think with the wide trim around most of the windows it looks good as it is. With the possible exception of the double window in the porch, I think shutters would hurt the look of your house.

Old 06-03-14, 09:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Yea, I don't think shutters are appropriate on that style of house.

Old 06-03-14, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I don't think shutters would look good, either. If you want something different or to stand out more, maybe paint the trim a different color. That always look nice.

Old 06-03-14, 10:23 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input My wife really wants shutters, but I think maybe painting the area around the windows a different color would be nice too.

Old 06-03-14, 10:55 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
My wife sees stuff all the time that she thinks would look good it helps if you can explain why it won't work or is a bad idea, somedays that's easier said than done

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: