Ideas to replace skirt around house

Old 07-14-14, 05:56 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 26
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ideas to replace skirt around house

I call it a skirt because I don't know what else to call it. The bottom 3 feet going around my house is some very old fake-brick looking stuff. It's some kind of poly material that's difficult to nail through. To replace with similar stuff is extremely expensive. Can I get some ideas of what I could replace it with that won't break the bank? Pics attached. Thank you for your time and expertise!
Attached Images    
Old 07-14-14, 06:07 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 29,074
Received 1,478 Votes on 1,330 Posts
Maybe you should head to Menards and see if they have any type of vinyl siding that you might like. They probably have something in stock that looks like shake shingle... or maybe something similar to your brick. They have a whole wall display behind the contractor/yard purchase desk. Actually looking at some samples will give you some ideas.

Otherwise a 4" groove vertical plywood siding would probably look okay. Nothing is going to be cheap.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: