Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Exterior Paneling and All Exterior Sidings
Reload this Page >

Fiber Cement siding trim identification - no luck finding replacement brand

Old 10-17-14, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I purchased a home that was built in 2001. There was some damage required me to tear out part of an exterior wall.

The siding itself matches up to HardiPlank's woodgrain design so I can buy that anywhere. The problem is what was used as the corner trim. It's the same material as HardiPlank but is not the same brand. I've also taken it into several different hardware and building material places and no one seems to know what it is.

The trim measures 4.5" across and is 7/8" inch thick. It's wood grain on one side and smooth/unfinished on the other. Some of the pieces that I removed had stenciling on them and the best I could tell is that it stated "Made in Belgium"... you would think that would make it easy to find the manufacturer but it has not.

No one seems to carry 4 1/2" wide fiber-cement trim boards. These look like they were made that way and not ripped down.

Does anyone here know who makes trim boards that are this size? I would hate to have to cut a larger board down... fibercement isn't the healthiest thing to be cutting on a table saw.

I'm in the Atlanta, GA area. I even went to the county records to see who pulled the permit and find the builder. No luck there - the builder died and the company closed.

Name:  siding.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  39.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-14, 05:43 PM
The stencil "made in Belgium" on the old trim boards was on the end edge and was in reverse.

I emailed the JamesHardie company but would only say it was not theirs and they did not know who made fiber-cement products in Belgium. I've also tried Stock Lumber, 84 Lumber, ProBuild, and all the chain hardware stores in the area.

Old 10-17-14, 06:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Have you looked at Miratek trim? It has a similar grain and can be bought in 3/4, 4/4 and 6/4 sizes, all mostly 3 1/2" wide. I would not even think of replacing the trim with a fiber cement product, due to the advances in manufacturing of other products. Possibly why you are having such a difficult time finding it.

Old 10-17-14, 08:56 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'd be replacing it with PVC lumber.
A whole lot easier to work with, no priming or painting.

Old 10-17-14, 09:29 PM
At this point I'm hoping to find an exact replacement. Some of the trim boards are on a side of a 25' high chimney chase. So unless I have an exact replacement I would have to tear off all the trim so everything would match. This is why I'm hoping to find whatever company makes fiber-cement products that imported them from Belgium about 10 years ago.

Overall I am not impressed with the product itself. It is way too fragile which is one of the reasons I'm having to replace so much. This is not good siding if you have kids around! I feel like my house has eggshells for an exterior.

Old 01-20-15, 12:39 PM
I think this trim may be Cemtrim, also known as Cemplank. From what I see this is a division or an offshoot of Hardie Plank. It's the only fiber cement trim that I've found that is 7/8" thick.

Unfortunately, no one seems to carry Cemtrim boards around here so I don't know if they come in 4 1/2" widths. Anyone ever use the Cemplank/Cemtrim brand?