Questioning Siding to Stone transition

Old 10-25-14, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Questioning Siding to Stone transition

Siding around windows and top of front, meeting a stone weatherledge, with stone veneer below.

Behind entire front has house wrap.

Between the siding and stone transition:

Siding with J-Channel at Bottom.

Behind siding is a 4 inch drip cap. Drip cap is has flashing tape where nailed, and where it meets house wrap.

Right below that drip cap is where the weather ledge was installed. In some spots, lifting up the drip cap you can see the house wrap. I checked a few other houses on the street, and they were done the same way.

Does there need to be caulk where i can see the house wrap under the drip ledge? On top of the stone sill behind the drip edge. If I do, what kind of caulk needs to be used?

Also, this second picture they put so much flashing tape at the bottom you can easily see it, with the gap between the J-Channel of the window and the siding. Anything that can be done to resolve this, short of residing that part?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-14, 08:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 229 Votes on 211 Posts
With the exception of the tape (which should not be visible inside the window's integral j-channel, because it looks bad) it sounds like it was all done correctly. Your stone "weather ledge" should be sloped, so water would have to run uphill to get to the housewrap. It should not need to be caulked under the flashing.