Problem with Vinyl Mobile Home Skirting

Old 04-01-15, 03:45 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with Vinyl Mobile Home Skirting

Every six months I have to fix one side of the house and I'm sick to death of it. When it rains low spots form right under the track, the track warps like crazy and the bottom of the skirting goes everywhere. I fill in the dips, straighten the track, replace all the skirting, and screw it in place. Six months later it happens again, dips form, the track warps and the skirting is out of place again. I've done this probably twelve times and I don't want to do it again. I need a more permanent solution.

Old 04-01-15, 03:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Have you tried redirecting the water away from the skirting? The components of the skirting won't take much pressure from water without moving. Did you anchor the bottom channel to the ground? Using 6" spikes through the middle of the channel often keeps it in place.

Old 04-01-15, 04:34 AM
B
It's not the water on the skirting itself that does it. The ground is really sandy and it washes away which lets the track move, which throws the entire side out of whack.

Old 04-01-15, 05:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
My oldest son used to have a MH that had issues with the wind and the skirting. What we wound up doing was building a pressure treated wood frame to hold everything in place. That might help. Another option would be to add rock to keep the water from washing away the sand.

Old 04-01-15, 06:05 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Is this Mobile Home sitting on a concrete pad that could be used as the foundation for a permanent concrete block wall 24" or 32" high all the way around except for an access portal (or two) ?

Old 04-01-15, 03:14 PM
B
No. This one side is sitting on sandy ground that comes out a little bit and then slopes down. I'm not the one who put it there, but I'm the one who's paying for it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: