3-Car Garage door trim question...

Old 08-03-15, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3-Car Garage door trim question...

Not sure I know the lingo, but the white wood trim outlining my garage doors are getting worn, and they look thin compared to some of my neighbors. Other home's trim look very thick, nice and white. So my question is who do I contact to have this type of work done? Painters? Garage door installers?

I'm going to have the garage doors replaced too. Is this something garage door people normally do? Or, will they contract it out? I just want to know some common knowledge about these things before I talk to the garage people. So I don't get "sold" on something, when I could get better work done by calling people who specifically do these things.

I notice painters will advertise how they do repair work too. So I'm curious.. we know who to call for windows, who to call for roof, who to call to replace garage doors, who to call to paint, etc. But just exactly who do we call for this type of touch up work? Certainly, we don't call remodelers for such a small job, right?

Please advise, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-15, 04:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Do your trim boards have rubber flaps embedded so the doors will press against them for a good seal? If not these trim pieces are readily available at the box stores and very DIY friendly. Gotta remember this is a DIY forum, not a referral site. Frost King E/O 3 in. x 108 in. Top and Sides Vinyl Garage-Door Weather-Strip-GR9 - The Home Depot

Old 08-03-15, 05:19 PM
Hi Chandler, I think it does. If you watch closely the video in that Home Depot link.. I'm more interested in how nice the wood frame is of that garage they were standing in front of. Once again, like I said, I'm not sure of the lingo.. Is this called trim, frame? I don't necessarily need referrals. I would just like to know people who do these types of work, what are they called normally? Their title.

Old 08-03-15, 05:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
OK, can you post pictures of your problem area, so we can see exactly which pieces you have questions about? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 08-03-15, 05:38 PM
Received 29 Votes on 25 Posts
How about a picture so we can see what your seeing.
Any over head door company could wrap the jambs and the trim in aluminum coil stock and there would be no more priming and painting at the same time there replacing the doors if you let them know ahead of time so they will bring there brake and coil stock..

Old 08-03-15, 06:44 PM
Okay, I will update this thread with picture later. Once I get home today, it'll be too dark. I'll do it in the morning. Thanks.