Help with exterior wall

Old 11-12-15, 04:55 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 76
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with exterior wall

Hi, we are remodeling our kitchen and had to cut out the drywall that was behind the counter due to water damage. After taking out the insulation, we can see that the outer wall between the studs and the siding have some holes, maybe from mice or something. What is the name of the exterior wall and is there a way to patch it? Thanks!
Old 11-12-15, 05:47 PM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 550
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The outer wall panel under the siding is called "sheathing". Usually plywood or OSB. If the holes are small like mouse holes, you can use pretty much any type of wood or plywood you have lying around to cover them. Screw or glue it in place. Just use short screws that won't penetrate through the siding outside.

Last edited by toolmon; 11-12-15 at 06:15 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: