Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Exterior Paneling and All Exterior Sidings
Reload this Page >

Quick question for siding, reside job we are having done, day 1

Old 11-20-15, 06:09 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

The lights are being replaced, why would they go around them with the tyvek? House had no tyvek before, one thing that pushed us over the edge on doing this job. No wrap, no foam, so wrapping and using foam-backed insulation (already a done deal, don't try to talk us out of it, LOL, will be better than what we have now), mainly curious why they would go around the outside lights instead of just removing the lights and doing the whole thing. Code?

Attached Images  
Old 11-20-15, 06:22 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The lights are being replaced, why would they go around them with the tyvek?
It sounds like a lack, of communication or coordination. Why weren't the lights removed before they started the Tyvek? One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

Old 11-20-15, 07:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
This is not a big deal. All they have to do is patch it with another piece. They probably did it because of the unknown. Why such a big hole is beyond me, but like I said it jurust doesn't matter since it will surely be patched.

Supposedly only a licenced electrician should mess with the wiring. (Like that always happens)

Old 11-20-15, 07:25 AM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Your right though, lights should have came down, wires capped and put back inside the box, wrap the whole wall then just cut a small hole around the box.
They just made it harder on there selves by doing it that way.

Old 11-20-15, 07:40 AM
G
Thanks guys. They have I'm sure lost a bit of work this week in WI with high winds and rain, this is the east side of the house which I'm sure they picked to stay out of the winds, possibly could have had an effect. I have today off, they will be here I'm sure and we can talk about it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: