Stucco exterior and water lines

Old 09-07-16, 03:49 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No noticeable difference since the work but man has it been a wet summer. I'm not sure what the total rainfall has been but I did hear 3 times the norm.

At this point I'm with you, not sure there is anything more that can be done. I'll have to look into fog coating, not sure what that is. I've also done a little reading on a full elastic/rubber paint, can't remember what it's called. It would mean doing the whole house but it could use it anyway.

Old 09-08-16, 03:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 672 Votes on 595 Posts
I believe you are referring to an elastomeric paint. When applied properly they do a good job of waterproofing the exterior side of masonry, it also fills minor cracks. If the stucco isn't presently painted it will need to be primed first. Elastomeric paints tend to hold up longer than many other exterior coatings. The biggest drawback is it doesn't go as far per gallon = takes more paint to do the job.

Unless I'm mistaken a fog coat is where a color coat is lightly sprayed onto the stucco to freshen it up. I'm not real familiar with colored stucco but have painted miles of regular stucco.

Old 09-08-16, 11:17 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that info. You wouldn't happen to live in central Alberta, have access to scaffolding and be looking for extra work by chance?

Old 09-08-16, 02:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 672 Votes on 595 Posts
Nope, east tenn although most of my stucco painting experience was in fla.

While I've used scaffolding that someone else had on had, I generally don't set up scaffolding to paint an exterior. It's easier/quicker to cut in off of an extension ladder and then use a roller pole to get the extra reach with the roller. You can get a 8' pole that extends out to 16' along with other shorter sizes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: