Help needed please w/under the siding from inside

Old 01-07-19, 10:54 AM
Help needed please w/under the siding from inside

Don't know, this may need to go interior but for now...dealing with tearing out old closet shelving in bathroom and ended up tearing out to the 2x4's including insulation which was loaded with mouse feces and lower portion of insulation was crumbly due to so much of it. Insulation is fiberglass no paper, pictures of the exterior wall in the closet.

Beyond the holes which has cold air coming in (N. Michigan) is, I believe, the exterior siding.

Help with what to do without tearing off exterior siding and replacing this black board (sorry, don't know what it's called). Is there some way of dealing with this from the interior till sometime in the future?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-19, 11:04 AM
sorry, forgot the pics. this is the exterior wall of the bathroom closet, plumbing to the tub/shower is in this closet.

Attached Images     
Old 01-08-19, 05:28 AM
Hard to visualize that removing shelves included the interior wall and studs. What did you use, a come-a-long? For now, put in studs and insulation and finish the interior walls. When the weather permits, address the exterior wall.

Old 01-08-19, 07:19 AM
A friend suggest spraying in Great Stuff spray in foam insulation in the holes, then insulating, drywall, mudding, then new shelving.

I took out studs that were placed half way back from the door entry and were for shelving which was only 16" deep. I took them out in ordedr to use the entire space using a pry bar and hammer.

Old 01-08-19, 10:18 AM
Group Moderator
I would not use spray foam in the holes. As the foam expands it can push the siding out causing bumps. The low expanding foam might work but I wouldn't risk it.

Old 01-09-19, 05:21 AM
Well, too late as I did use the foam...will go outside when it's light and take a look at the siding. seemed to work well from the inside, used nearly the whole can in all the holes.

Thanks for the help!