Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Exterior Paneling and All Exterior Sidings
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used VinylBoost or Vinyl Renu on their siding

Old 04-04-19, 02:25 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

The siding on my house is 30 years old, having been installed in 1989. Needless to say it has faded and needs help. It is vinyl covered aluminum which was popular then. I asked a friend who is in the roofing and siding business about replacing it and he said that he felt vinyl/aluminum is one of the best products they ever made and he recommended that I paint it, not replace it.

I just came across these 2 products on the internet. VinylBoost by handymanlabs.com and Vinyl Renu. Vinyl Renu is sold on amazon but there are only 12 reviews and also looks like these buyers haven't had the stuff on their homes very long (longevity?). Both have videos on youtube making themselves look great. Has anyone had experience with these products? I'm thinking I might be wasting my time and labor using them.

Do you have any recommendations as far as painting vinyl. I watched the video by sherwin williams about painting vinyl siding. Our present color is a light blue and I see that they recommend going with a light color because the expansion and contraction of darker colors in the sun could cause the paint to peel.

Old 04-04-19, 04:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Your link to vinylboost is a product for vinyl siding which is completely different from vinyl covered aluminum. When I read their description of the product..... I envision armor all that's used in cars and is basically a silicone based product.

In my opinion..... it may be able to be used on your siding but would only be a temporary fix.

Old 04-04-19, 04:56 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
That is no different than any product sold to restore your vinyl/rubber on your car, after a few rain storms it's washed off.

Face it, nothing lasts forever. If you got 30 years then probably time to renew or replace.

Old 04-05-19, 02:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Painting vinyl siding is also an option.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: