Correct Name For Item

Old 10-11-19, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Correct Name For Item

Greetings All:
About 2 yrs ago, in mid winter, a dead tree limb fell and damaged my siding, and the vinyl frame surrounding the water spigot -- which is the item I would like to know the correct name for. The quickie tape job is finally giving out, so I would like it properly replaced and would like to be able to call it by its correct name if need be to hire someone to fix it.

I have been told that it is easy if you have a vinyl siding tool, but the how to video I watched did not inspire me with confidence that I won't cause more damage as this is not just remove & replace a plank. I am also wondering who would be the best person to hire for this task? Attached are some photos of the spigot frame.

Name:  sp.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  98.0 KB

Name:  sp1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  45.2 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-11-19 at 04:24 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-19, 01:44 PM
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
Take a look at the following at the 1 minute 10 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq0mRGBtNvI

Old 10-11-19, 02:18 PM
Received 80 Votes on 74 Posts
You can use the term shield, bezel , block or trim and the siding companies will know what you mean.

Old 10-11-19, 02:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 242 Votes on 221 Posts
They go by many names, most of the names describe what it does. Try searching for "vinyl siding spigot box". If you want to be fancy you can call it a "recessed split mounting box". They cost $5-10. If you get lucky you might be able to just pop off the rectangular trim ring and slip on the new one, no tools required.

Old 10-11-19, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 36 Posts
Search for Mounting Box for Siding and it’ll come up at Home Depot.

Old 10-11-19, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the responses! My frame looks more like the one in the video @manden provided the link for and seems to be a snap on like the pic @Pilot Dane provided. About how much force should I apply to tug it off, so I won't do any more damage trying to pull off one that's not snap on? I'm going to try and see if I can pull it off maybe tomorrow. No, maybe Tuesday might be better if I have bad luck and something happens that needs immediate attention. Tonight I'll look to see who's selling them nearby.