Aluminum trim around doors

Old 06-24-20, 02:14 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aluminum trim around doors

Looking to see if you guys know what they typically use to trim out doors and windows when they side your house. I have wood trim around my garage door that is bad shape. I have a brake at work and would be easy to bend pieces up instead of painting. I seem to recall some on the street getting it done and they possibly had rolls of it but not sure. Looking for white and then also what kind of nails do they fasten with. Do they make white finishing nails. Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-20, 03:14 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 631 Votes on 583 Posts
Are you asking about vinyl siding trim stock? If so it's sold in rolls and most manufacturers have it in smooth and woodgrain texture and a variety of colors. You will need solid wood to nail it to so if your trim is too rotten it will need to be replaced before wrapping with trim stock. Note that trim stock can NOT be put over pressure treated wood. The preservative in the wood will corrode through the aluminum.

Trim stock is attached using stainless steel nails, sold with the other siding products. They come in colors to match the trim stock. There is also a nail setting tool you might find helpful.

Old 06-24-20, 03:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 675 Votes on 624 Posts
Yes, Aluminum trim coil. The painted stainless steel nails are better than the aluminum nails.

Old 06-24-20, 04:03 PM
J
Received 77 Votes on 72 Posts
If it's just wooden brick molding it can be removed and replaced with PVC brick molding.
The fastest way is to drive the nails in with a thin nail set.
We have 0 pictures of what your dealing with so it's hard to say the best way to go on this one.
A real pro with have a Brake Buddy that can can bend the shape of brick molding in a single pass.