Siding ID

Old 09-28-20, 11:19 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Siding ID

Can anyone help me out. Iím looking at a repair that may require this siding to come down and then go back up, so Iím looking to see if I can find some in case some
of the original is damaged in the first phase of the project. I canít get behind this stuff to get an ID or manufacturer number.

itís pretty old (20 years) so Iím sure it is t being made anymore. I donít want to have to reside one of the faces of my house if this stuff fails.

thanks in advance!

Siding with a strange nailing strip

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-20, 12:24 PM
Received 365 Votes on 341 Posts
That doesn't look like any type of siding I have seen, what material is it?

I'd venture to say your probably not going to find that around today!

Old 09-28-20, 01:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 280 Posts
Probably the best you could do would be to take a piece to a supplier and see if they have anything close. The nailing strip doesn't really matter but you'd want the profile to match. The odds are the color will be off a little. How big an area are you working on?

Old 09-28-20, 02:11 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, hereís what Iím looking at. I have a leak somewhere in the junction of the wall of our second floor and a roof that runs over
our garage. I have a contractor who will come out and remove the siding, tyvek wrap the wall and then tape down to the flashing to fix the issue.

the contractor hasnít ever seen anything like this either - so heís concerned that if one of the pieces of siding breaks (Potentially the mesh you see in the pic) during the uninstall/reinstall process that he wonít be able to find a suitable replacement. So, if something breaks he informed me that the risk is that we would have to replace all of the siding on that wall. Iím just trying to identify ways around this - for example if some part of the existing siding breaks can I find a product with the same dimensions to replace the failed piece.

incidentally I found the brochure for this siding and it was made by Wolverine which appears to have been bought out by Certainteed. The url on the brochure from about 2000 is www.vinylsiding.com - I wonder if the current mold for this design (Carolina beaded) matches what was installed 20 years ago.

Old 09-28-20, 06:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 666 Votes on 616 Posts
No housewrap behind it doesn't bode well. You likely have some rot under the bottom corners of your windows as a result.