Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Exterior Improvement Center > Exterior Paneling and All Exterior Sidings
Reload this Page >

Upgrading stucco around front door entryway to more modern look

Old 04-30-21, 03:53 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

My front entrance is pictured below. Brick house but the front entryway has an arched recessed area.

The white stucco around the door looks bland and boring. Also we recently swapped out the front door (will be painted black) and this created a need to repair the stucco all around the door. So now I'm considering changing the look to something more interesting/modern while still matching the brick in the front of the house.

My preferred idea is clean white wood paneling look, similar to what we have on the inside (also pictured). How is this accomplished for an exterior application?

Or perhaps install stone veneer siding like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Evolve-S...PS-F/314131237

Would we need to remove the stucco in all cases before applying the new fašade?

Realize this is more of a design question but looking for some direction.

thanks

Old 05-01-21, 04:47 PM
T
Received 17 Votes on 15 Posts
As far as removing the stucco. Maybe not. Show us a detail of the meeting of the stucco and door jamb and the meeting of the stucco of the brick. It might depend on how thick your new facing is.

Old 05-04-21, 11:29 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here are some pictures for the stucco around the door. the exterior door casing sits about 1" past the stucco.

around door

around door

where it meets brick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: