One-Part Product For Rotted Window Sill Holes/Areas ?

Old 06-21-21, 05:52 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 297
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One-Part Product For Rotted Window Sill Holes/Areas ?

Great Forums and folks.

Have some rotted wood siding and window sills. Small areas pretty much.

It was suggested that I try the Bondo "Putty" the stuff that comes with the hardener.

Probably ny age now, but have had a devil of a time in using it.

Is there any one-part product that I can use to fill in the rotted out
portions of the wood, and then repaint (or possibly if white, just leave) ?

Think I would want/prefer something that sets up "hard," but would a RTV be a good choice for this ?

Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

Old 06-21-21, 06:03 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 26,675
Received 1,813 Upvotes on 1,630 Posts
You cannot paint over RTV silicone.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: