Is Lowes Tyvek same as Home Depot Tyvek?

Old 07-09-21, 12:03 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Is Lowes Tyvek same as Home Depot Tyvek?

I can buy 9' x 150' roll at Lowes for $239,
Lowes Tyvek, 9' x 150' roll

Or I can buy 9' x 150' roll at Home Depot for $165.
Home Depot Tyvek 9' x 150' roll

$74 price difference. Makes me wonder if they are the same product. Are they the same?

Old 07-09-21, 01:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,619 Upvotes on 3,245 Posts
Tyvek is Tyvek and many of the big box wraps are not Tyvek.
Everbilt is one housewrap that depot sells.

I know the sizes show as the same online.... they don't when check by model number.
Home Depot Tyvek wrap D15540826
Lowes Tyvek wrap D13499991

A thread addressing the issue here..... should-i-replace-lowes-house-wrap-i-just-installed-with-tyvek.

EvenSteven voted this post useful.
Old 07-09-21, 01:50 PM
Received 1,209 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Just another good read that "all" the BBS sell by price not quality and people are shocked when they find out!

Somebody should look at the Menards products, I dont shop there because stores are not local but I wonder about that place!

Old 07-09-21, 06:19 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pjmax, it is confusing. Both products have the "DuPont Tyvek HomeWrap" name boldly displayed along with the store name & logo. That could explain the different model numbers; they are different products by virtue of the different graphics combinations. Both products are 9' x 150' and if "Tyvek is Tyvek", these two brands are the same except for the graphics and the price, no?

Marq1, I agree that not all house wraps are the same I've seen head to head comparison of Tyvek brand with other brands of house wrap and the difference is huge.

UPDATE
I posed this question to DuPont and received their reply minutes ago:

"If both products say Tyvek« Homewrap (or housewrap), then these products would be the same. There are multiple version of Tyvek« though so one might be the commercial wrap, or stucco wrap, etc..."

I take this to mean the two products are the same since they have the words "Tyvek« Homewrap" on them.

Last edited by EvenSteven; 07-09-21 at 08:05 PM. Reason: new information became available
Old 07-10-21, 02:52 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,953 Upvotes on 1,749 Posts
In my experience if it says Tyvec Homewrap it is Tyvec Homewrap. I've seen it with many home center and lumber yard names on it in addition but it's the same product. What I generally do not like are the "other" brands & styles of house wrap that are often private labeled and I've often found them to be lower quality. Easier to tear or get damaged by wind and many times I've held it up to the sun and seen pinholes throughout the sheet whereas real, brand name Dupont Tyvec has always been the same, consistent quality.

Old 07-10-21, 06:21 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 67 Upvotes on 52 Posts
I have found thorough the years Lowes to be more expensive than HD on most everything. I always try to buy from HD and will go to Lowes only if absolutely necessary.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: