Possible mold on stucco

Old 01-17-22, 06:14 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Possible mold on stucco

Below is a picture of the bottom corner of an exterior window of mine. The window is on a stucco wall. Is the black area mold? This particular spot is a little soft, but I think that's just the calk bits that move when I press on it. If it is mold, how do I kill it and keep it from spreading?

More context: the window is on my front porch and covered from direct elements. However, with wind rain and snow can get to this wall (though not a lot).

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-17-22, 06:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,534 Votes on 1,378 Posts
Judging by the giant crack along the side of the window that is probably letting water leak in, I'd have to say yes.

Old 01-18-22, 02:15 PM
T
Received 34 Votes on 28 Posts
The texture is one that is more often found on Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems. It is not impossible for it to be over two coats of stucco. The diagonal crack looks more like it is stucco with an acrylic finish of the type often seen in EIFS. Well anyway clean the black with some bleach diluted according to the instructions on the label. Caulk the window frame.

Old 02-24-22, 07:35 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sorry, just now seeing these replies (the notifications went to spam). Thank you both for the feedback. I'll look into the bleach solution and \ or alternatives.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: